Monday, March 1, 2010

Justified by Faith

  You know what I found interesting? As much as I love the Psalms and Proverbs, I'm starting to realize how much I'm starting to really like Romans. Here's something I found as yet another lesson for me, just as "take a leap of faith" was.


"What then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? 'Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.' Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness." -Romans 4:1-5

  What I found powerful here is verse 4 where it says that: "to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt." I can work all I want and say that I'm doing good but if I'm just relying on that to get me through life, it's not enough. It's true that Paul says it's only debt. Honestly can all of our works really get us into heaven? Nope. It's only by God's grace.

  In taking a leap of faith I learned to trust God with things that I had no control over and when I did I found that He provided me with a job. [Something I've struggled to get since moving] Mind you, it's not what I see myself doing for the rest of my life, definitely not, but it's a stepping stone to provide me with enough to support myself till I can get to that ultimate place that HE wants me to be.
  Although that's all well and great I can't get comfortable being where I am. I need to continue to move forward and not think that just because I'm working now doesn't mean that I don't have to do anything else. No way, I'm sure there are many other hard things God would like for me to do and I want to be in a place where I can say, "Yes Lord."

  May my faith be accounted for righteousness before Christ and that my works aren't based on something too small to live for here on earth that will cause me to accumulate insurmountable debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment