Friday, December 27, 2013

Home


Once long ago, it seemed things were so simple and light. With time however, things have happened and just as a tree is laden with snow, I am weighed down by all that the world has tried to offer. Like a cold winter and a heavy heart, my soul is longing for the season to change.

How I desire to have your Son shine down on me and melt all my troubles away. To hear the sounds of life come with the spring and feel the warmth of summer.

I am trying to hold on to Your promises that things will not be like this forever but it is difficult when I am just moving from one uncertain direction to another. The path keeps winding and I don't remember which way I've gone as the snow continues to fall and covers my tracks. The bitter winds of the world blow stronger and I can feel my body starting to become numb. Lord, I need You to help me feel sensitivity to Your Word and Work. Don't allow for this season to consume who I am.

As I continue to walk, I see in the distance a bit of light. Hope. That there You will stand at the door of the most beautiful home I will have ever laid eyes on. You will say to me, "Come, stay with me. I have prepared a place for you." There You will take my coat and every other burden I have carried with me for so long and put it away never to be put on again. A seat by the fireplace of Your heart and a blanket wrapped around me. There Your wings will cover and protect me. A hot cup placed in my hands of Your Word, to drink in and feel its soothing truth make its way down into my very soul! What comfort and peace!

That moment, is what I am living for. In that moment, is where I will wait for you. For that moment, is what I will continue to strive towards knowing that You are forever faithful and have loved me since the beginning. That I am not alone. You will come for me and take me home.
© Amaris I. 12/27/2013




No comments:

Post a Comment