Sunday, October 25, 2015

I'm Buffering... Part One

  Arg... you moan with annoyance, perhaps even hit the table, the couch, your face, a cat, or whatever else happens to be nearby because there it is before you. The spinning circle of death.
  We all know it very well. One moment you're enjoying a good video, whether it be a tutorial, vlog or music cover and just when it's getting to the best part, your screen freezes and you see those little dots chase themselves in a circular motion giving the impression that at some point the rest of the video will load.

  At first it may not be so bad, just annoying, so we give it a few seconds. Note: Seconds, as we're not very patient people. When it doesn't seem to go anywhere we decide to take matters into our own hands and refresh the page. Or maybe you like to drag the cursor further along in the video in hopes that it'll make that grey line appear faster. You know, the one that shows you proof that some of the video is actually visible.

  If you're like me, you may rewind it in hopes that when it reaches that sticky spot again it'll just play right through, to no avail.

  This is how I feel about my life sometimes. Things seem to go well or just when things start to get exciting, I hit a buffering spot... and hard. I think, what the heck... shouldn't I be able to get to the next part, make the next move, take the next step? Why am I hitting this hiccup? Ugh! So out comes my annoyance.

  God, what gives? I thought You enjoy to lavish on your children and show them what it is You have for them. Why can't you just tell me what happens next or better yet, show me. Why do I get a small taste of something only to have it put on hold? Hmm...

  Stay Tuned for Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment