Thursday, November 12, 2015

I'm Buffering... Part Two

It can be easy to fall into self-pity when stuck. When I'm buffering I tend to just replay all the moments prior that were amazing and I enjoyed the most. I do this since I can't seem to move past that dreaded circle of death and after a while I begin to lose hope that it'll ever finish or go away! So I stay in moments past because at least those I know what the outcome will be.


  I relive them, over and over and over again. Then, even those moments lack their luster after some time and I long for new ones or something to happen to continue where life left off.

  Unfortunately, with technology you never really know how long the buffering process is going to take. Sometimes the constant buffering can be a sign of an underlying problem. Maybe some updates are in order for faster playback?

  I think something I have been learning is not getting too ahead of myself and that perhaps my buffering spots are a way to slow me down and get refocused. I sometimes don't appreciate God doing it in the way He does but it obviously gets my attention and you know what? Sometimes it's not such a bad thing, at least it means God hasn't forgotten and that is hopeful in itself.
 So although certain aspects of my life are still loading, there are other things I can do in the meantime. Just like when I'm waiting for my laptop to finish running updates or scans, I can always pick up a book and go to another world or pick up some brushes and paint, or go for a walk and enjoy His creation whilst taking photos!
  There are so many other things that can be done that are fun and also productive so really there's no reason to sit staring at a stupid screen.

  Same for you, you could be missing out on some pretty incredible things if your eyes are fixed on that circle and not on the things happening around you.

  Life keeps moving regardless of where you choose to stay stuck. Being still in those buffering times don't mean doing nothing. Being still means you keep moving but wait patiently, give it to God and not worry about it!
  Ahh... one less thing to stress about :]

No comments:

Post a Comment